Kamado Barbecue - X Large
Kamado Barbecue EXTRA LARGE is not just a simple barbecue.
- MATERIAL: Made entirely of ceramic (retains heat by releasing it slowly). Stainless steel or cast iron grills.
- VERSATILITY: Direct cooking ( grilling ), indirect cooking, wood oven cooking ( pizza, bread, buns, roasts etc. ). In addition you can smoke, cook using Woks, frying pans, casseroles, cast iron plates and much more.
- TEMPERATURE: Very accurate temperature control.
- ACCESSORIES: Numerous accessories available for countless functions.
- USE: This barbecue is suitable for cooking up to 12/16 people.
FREE over 99€
Express delivery in 24/48H
Fast delivery! Orders received by 5 p.m. leave the same day.
Possibility to request delivery by appointment (at an extra charge)
We use express couriers such as SDA, TNT and UPS which are among the best in terms of punctuality and service.
A return can also be made without specifying the reason within 14 days from the date of receipt of the order.
It is very easy to do so, we will organise collection by courier on the days that are most convenient for you.
Simply contact us by phone, e-mail or chat.
Secure payments protected by SSL certificate with the highest level of security.
Paypal | Credit Card | Bank Transfer | Cash on Delivery (+ €5.00) | Stipe | Amazon Pay
The origins of Kamado
This type of barbecue, known as Kamado ( oven or fireplace ) has Japanese origins and was first discovered by Americans in Japan and later improved and adapted for both domestic and professional use.
The secrets of Kamado Barbecue
The secrets that make this type of BBQ special are the material, and the temperature control.
- The special ceramic used keeps all the heat generated by the charcoal inside, accumulating it and then releasing it slowly.
- The perfect regulation of the internal air flows allows us to have a very accurate control of the temperature, allowing even low-temperature cooking (even 60 - 80° for example) or very high temperatures (e.g. 350° C)
- Versatility is another very important aspect, in fact with kamado it is possible to cook with various types of cooking, such as Direct Cooking, Indirect Cooking, Wood Oven Cooking and Smoking.
Main features of
Kamado EXTRA Large:
- Easy to use both indoors and outdoors.
- Very low smoke emission compared to traditional barbecues.
- Ignites in just 12 minutes thanks to the chimney (not included) and reaches 250°C in just 18 minutes.
- Perfect temperature management, thanks to thermometer and airflow regulation.
- Up to 60% savings on charcoal compared to an open steel grill.
- Great for grilling up to 8 people.
- Changes colour according to temperature. The higher the temperature, the more the colour changes to orange, allowing you to see the approximate temperature at a glance.
- It works with charcoal or also with wood.
- Allows different types of cooking and smoking.
- Traditional but contemporary design.
- Equipped with wheels for easy movement and two side shelves, very convenient for placing chopping boards, food trays, etc. The shelves have 4 hooks for hanging tools such as, fire pits, knives, barbecue tongs or other accessories to have at hand.
Components and Materials
Main body: Egg-shaped with double inner chamber and lid with automatic locking on opening.
Support structure: Equipped with 3 support feet that distance the grill from the supporting surface. Two wooden handles for easy moving.
Thermometer: Integrated in the upper lid, it allows the inside temperature to be monitored at all times.
Cooking accessories: This type of barbecue boasts many cooking accessories. See the list below to find out what is included in the package.
Shelves: Made of wood, they are very practical for resting food or other items, are equipped with hooks for barbecue tools and can be conveniently folded away after use to take up less space.
1 Kamado outer body with chimney and thermometer
1 Internal combustion chamber
1 Cast-iron charcoal grill
1 External support frame with 4 wheels
2 Wooden shelves
1 Steel support for dual-zone and dual-height grill management
1 Stainless steel dual-zone grill
1 Ceramic baffle for Indirect cooking. ( divided for hybrid use )
EXTRA LARGE barbecue Kamado measurements:
Grill diameter: 51 cm
Height Closed: 125 cm
Height Open: 152 cm
Maximum footprint: 137x77x152 cm
Ceramic thickness: 3.5 cm
Weight: 94 kg
Warranty and Service:
Official Italian 10-year warranty. Express assistance managed entirely by Classe Italy. You can use the telephone contact, email or chat in the Contact or Support section. All spare parts are available.
Our tabletop barbecues are certified for food contact and have passed all release tests at the strictest testing bodies, which are the US FDA and the German LFGB, and are also CE-certified.
NEW Grid Management System:
Thanks to the new grill support, changing cooking configurations is very easy.
- You can choose between two different grill heights and baffle positioning.
- You can have two zones with different configurations, e.g. Right Direct cooking, Left Indirect cooking
- You can take out the whole grid system easily and safely, even while cooking
- The baffle consists of two parts, so you can use it partially or completely.
What types of cooking can be done with Kamado?
Direct Cooking: ( grilling )
This is the most popular and easiest method to make, and consists of cooking food on a grill directly over coals at very high temperatures. The characteristics are, a good crispy crust on the outside of the food and the inside will still remain nice and moist. This cooking technique is best for pieces of meat or general food up to 5/8 cm thick such as hamburgers, beef or chicken steaks, vegetable steaks or veggie burgers. This type of cooking can also be used in combination with Indirect Cooking to cook larger foodstuffs, in which case indirect cooking will be carried out and then at the end a step of Direct Cooking to make the outside more colourful and crispy.
Indirect cooking is a very versatile cooking method, and is particularly suitable for large cuts of meat, fish or vegetables. It is a slower type of cooking than direct cooking, but guarantees perfect heat penetration into the food. This type of cooking can be done at various temperatures, usually between 60° and 250°C. This is possible thanks to a special baffle (included in the package) that prevents the heat from reaching the food directly, but at the same time heats the chamber, creating a flow of hot air that perfectly envelops the food. This also makes it perfect for smoking or flavouring. With the Kamado Indirect Cooking is even more effective than with other cooking tools, and adjusting and maintaining the temperature is really easy.
Indirect cooking also includes stews and roasts, whether dry or stewed. In fact, it is possible to cook using a variety of cooking utensils such as a grill, cast-iron griddle, pots, saucepans or woks made of ceramic, iron, aluminium or cast iron
With the help of a round, smooth stone (included in the package), it is possible to bake with all the characteristics of a wood-fired oven. Preparing pizzas, bread, focaccia or even cakes or biscuits with an unmistakable taste and aroma will be really easy. For this type of baking you need the deflector for indirect baking and the round baking stone (both included in the package). Just bring the kamado to the desired temperature and your preparations will achieve incredible results.
Smoking in itself is more a method of flavouring and preserving food than an actual cooking method. In Kamado, however, it is possible to do both, i.e. to combine the potential of indirect cooking with the possibility of inserting wood shavings that, during combustion, smoke the food, cooking it and imparting truly unique aromas. Smoking can be done at temperatures between 60° and 150° and in this case we speak of hot smoking. This type of cooking/flavouring usually takes rather longer than average and can be used for meat, fish, vegetables and cheese. For this type of cooking, some experience and knowledge of the temperatures to be used according to the food to be prepared is necessary.