Kamado barbecue / ceramic oven
KAMADO, A TRADITIONAL COOKING DEVICE
The Kamado is an oven/barbecue made of ceramic with truly unique features!
The special ceramic composition of the body means that the heat generated by the charcoal is accumulated and released slowly,
making it possible to do countless preparations that would be impossible to do on any other cooking device.
Classe Italy has developed a very complete Kamado line
consisting of no less than 5 different sizes and many cooking accessories.
THE KAMADO RANGE
KAMADO AND BARBECUE ACCESSORIES
Book a Video Call
with one of our Kamado experts
As the Kamado is a very technical product with many aspects to be carefully evaluated, for about 6 months now we have introduced the possibility of having a free consultation with one of our technicians.
By clicking on the button below, you can arrange a Video Call with one of our Kamado experts to get more information about the product, its functions, accessories and current promotions.
The call is free of charge and FREE OF CHARGE, so don't hesitate!
Book your place now.
The call can be made with the following APPs:
The secrets of Kamado Barbecue
The secrets that make the Kamado special are the material it is made of, and the temperature control.
- The special ceramic used keeps all the heat generated by the charcoal inside, storing it and then releasing it slowly.
- The perfect regulation of the internal air flows allows us to have a very accurate control of the temperature, allowing even low-temperature cooking (even at 60° - 80° for example) or very high temperatures (e.g. 350° / 400° C)
- Versatility is another very important aspect, in fact with kamado it is possible to cook with various types of cooking, such as Direct Cooking, Indirect Cooking, Oven Cooking and Smoking.
- The special egg shape allows a perfect circulation of hot air inside, thus achieving a truly incredible cooking uniformity.
Main Features of Kamado
- Easy to use both indoors and outdoors.
- Very low smoke emission compared to traditional barbecues.
- Ignites in just 12 minutes thanks to the chimney (not included) and reaches 250°C in just 18 minutes.
- Perfect temperature management, thanks to thermometer and airflow regulation.
- Up to 60% savings on charcoal compared to an open steel grill.
- Changes colour according to temperature. The higher the temperature, the more the colour turns orange, allowing you to see the indicative temperature at a glance.
- It works with charcoal or even wood.
- Allows different types of cooking and smoking.
- Traditional but contemporary design.
- Equipped with wheels for easy movement and two side shelves, very convenient for placing chopping boards, trays with food etc. The shelves have 4 hooks for hanging tools such as, fire pits, knives, barbecue tongs or other accessories to have at hand.
Kamado - The details that make the difference
Components and Materials
Main body: Egg-shaped with double inner chamber and lid with automatic locking on opening.
Support structure: Equipped with 3 support feet that distance the grill from the supporting surface. Two wooden handles for easy moving.
Thermometer: Integrated in the upper lid, it allows the inside temperature to be monitored at all times.
Cooking accessories: This type of barbecue boasts many cooking accessories. See the list below to find out what is included in the package.
Shelves: Made of wood, they are very practical for resting food or other items, are equipped with hooks for barbecue tools and can be conveniently folded away after use to take up less space.
Warranty and Service:
Official Italian 10-year warranty. Express assistance managed entirely by Classe Italy. You can use the telephone contact, email or chat in the Contact or Support section. All spare parts are available.
Our tabletop barbecues are certified for food contact and have passed all release tests at the strictest testing bodies, which are the US FDA and the German LFGB, and are also CE-certified.
NEW Grid Management System:
Thanks to the new grill support, changing cooking configurations is very easy.
- You can choose between two different grill heights and baffle positioning.
- You can have two zones with different configurations, e.g. Right Direct cooking, Left Indirect cooking
- You can pull out the entire grill system easily and safely, even while cooking
- The Deflector consists of two parts, so you can use it partially or totally.
This new system will really enhance the experience of using our Kamado, below you can see the main cooking configurations,
What types of cooking can be done with Kamado?
Direct Cooking: ( grilling )
This is the most popular and easiest method to make, and consists of cooking food on a grill directly over coals at very high temperatures. The characteristics are, a good crispy crust on the outside of the food and the inside will still remain nice and moist. This cooking technique is best for pieces of meat or general food up to 5/8 cm thick such as hamburgers, beef or chicken steaks, vegetable steaks or veggie burgers. This type of cooking can also be used in combination with Indirect Cooking to cook larger foodstuffs, in which case indirect cooking will be carried out and then at the end a step of Direct Cooking to make the outside more colourful and crispy.
Indirect cooking is a very versatile cooking method, and is particularly suitable for large cuts of meat, fish or vegetables. It is a slower type of cooking than direct cooking, but guarantees perfect heat penetration into the food. This type of cooking can be done at various temperatures, usually between 60° and 250°C. This is possible thanks to a special baffle (included in the package) that prevents the heat from reaching the food directly, but at the same time heats the chamber, creating a flow of hot air that perfectly envelops the food. This also makes it perfect for smoking or flavouring. With the Kamado Indirect Cooking is even more effective than with other cooking tools, and adjusting and maintaining the temperature is really easy.
Indirect cooking also includes stews and roasts, whether dry or stewed. In fact, it is possible to cook using a variety of cooking utensils such as a grill, cast-iron griddle, pots, saucepans or woks made of ceramic, iron, aluminium or cast iron
With the help of a round, smooth stone (included in the package), it is possible to bake with all the characteristics of a wood-fired oven. Preparing pizzas, bread, focaccia or even cakes or biscuits with an unmistakable taste and aroma will be really easy. For this type of baking you need the deflector for indirect baking and the round baking stone (both included in the package). Just bring the kamado to the desired temperature and your preparations will achieve incredible results.
Smoking in itself is more a method of flavouring and preserving food than an actual cooking method. In Kamado, however, it is possible to do both, i.e. to combine the potential of indirect cooking with the possibility of inserting wood shavings that, during combustion, smoke the food, cooking it and imparting truly unique aromas. Smoking can be done at temperatures between 60° and 150° and in this case we speak of hot smoking. This type of cooking/flavouring usually takes rather longer than average and can be used for meat, fish, vegetables and cheese. For this type of cooking, some experience and knowledge of the temperatures to be used according to the food to be prepared is necessary.